Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Welcome!

Today is the day!
Welcome to everyone, who has the drive, guts and insanity, to try and lose some weight and get healthy!
I want you all to know that I am proud of you all, as this is a big step to take.
I will be honest with you, not all days will be easy, but know, that myself, or someone else is here for you!
We have a great group of people who are ready and willing to help out in any way they can.
Please feel free to post things at any time! Recipes are a great idea, along with weight loss links, motivational speeches, and a big "Thumbs Up" to your team mates!
Feel free to email or call me, any time.
Welcome aboard and good luck!

PS
If you haven't already, get me a goal weight too, so I can get a tracker on the website for you, that way you can see your progress!

also, if you want your picture up, email me one so I can add your pretty face to the site. Mine is an old one- so even if it is one of your more "skinnier" pictures, that is fine!
Hugs to you all!

2 comments:

The Morton Family said...

I, myself, need to hop on board and hit the grocery store. I am full of ideas, but don't act on them! grrr...
I did manage to get in a 20 min. pilates workout today, so that is uplifting...
Hugs!

Dave and Britt said...

Wahooooo! Hehe, by the way Jen, love the music!!! So upbeat! Just wanted to add a recipe. I love recipes. This one is so stinkin good. My husband isn't a huge fan of salads but even he is addicted to this one. It works well for lunch or you can serve it with a grilled chicken breast for dinner.

Strawberry Spinach Salad

1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
1 (10 oz) pkg washed baby spinach
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted

Toss and serve with sweet poppy seed dressing

Sweet poppy seed dressing

¾ cup sugar
½ cup honey
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon finely grated onion
½ cup lemon juice
1 cup vegetable oil
½ teaspoon poppy seeds

Mix all ingredients except oil and poppy seeds in a blender. Gradually add oil and seeds and continue blending. Toss with Strawberry Spinach Salad.

Now the dressing goes a long ways. So go easy on it. I actually halved the recipe and still had way more than I could ever use.

Random tip: Park in a parking spot far from the door, take the stairs, take a walk around the block, vacuum, sneak in exercise anyway you can. Get active!!

I'm so excited to be doing this. I know we can all reach our goals!!!